January 17, 2022
- 08:00 Arrivals
- 10:15 a.m. Public session
- 2:45 p.m. Public session
- Press conference to be confirmed
Priorities of the French presidency
The French Minister of Agriculture and Food, Julien Denormandie, will present the Presidency priorities in agriculture and fishing.
In the field of agriculture, the presidency will focus on three main areas:
- reciprocal standards for EU and non-EU products
- low-carbon agriculture and carbon sequestration in agricultural soils
- reduce the use of pesticides in agriculture
In the field of fisheries, France intends to emphasize:
- revision of the Fisheries Control Regulation
- the common fisheries policy and its implementation
- partnership agreements in the field of sustainable fishing with Mauritius, Madagascar and Liberia
The presidency will also start work on the regulation on imports without deforestation.
On the basis of information provided by the Commission and the Member States, ministers will exchange views on the market situation for agricultural products.
Trade-related agricultural issues
Ministers will receive information from the Commission on trade-related agricultural issues. An exchange of views will follow.
The European Commission will provide information on the High Level Conference’Animal welfare in the EU today and tomorrow‘ which took place online on December 9, 2021.
The Commission will present its communication on sustainable carbon cycles, adopted on December 15, 2021, which sets out measures to increase the removal of carbon from the atmosphere.