Chicago, Sept. 07, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — According to the latest research report from Arizton, the sterilization equipment market is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 9% during the period 2022-2027. The ethylene oxide disinfection method is another factor of environmental pollution. Sellers are looking for better alternatives in the market. The vendors in the market offer a wide range of advanced and rapid sterilization at competitive prices. Vendors are increasingly competing on the basis of factors such as aggressive pricing, incorporation of safety features, convenient usage, and marketing strategies to gain sterilization market share.
Recently, there has been a dramatic increase in interest in PLA-based medical devices, as PLA (polylactic acid) is suitable for use in new technologies such as 3D printing. Although there have been significant advances in biomaterials in recent years, there have been some changes in sterilization techniques. Currently, three traditional sterilization methods for medical devices are commonly used in industry, including ethylene oxide (EO), gamma irradiation, and steam sterilization. Unfortunately, for sterilizing sensitive materials such as polymers, these conventional techniques have certain drawbacks which can seriously alter their original properties.
Scope of Sterilization Equipment Market Report
|MARKET SIZE (2027)||$13.7 billion|
|MARKET SIZE (2021)||$8.2 billion|
|YEAR OF REFERENCE||2021|
|MARKET SEGMENTS||Product type, sterilization method, end user and region|
|GEOGRAPHICAL ANALYSIS||North America, Europe, APAC, Latin America, Middle East and Africa|
|COUNTRIES COVERED||United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and South Africa|
Click here to download the free sample report
Increased adoption of sterilization using NOPE2
Access to sterilization is a critical requirement for global healthcare facilities as it is one of the prerequisites for faster patient recovery. Lack of sterilization options increases healthcare infection rates and limits access to healthcare, especially in resource-poor settings. Sterilization techniques are mostly static, and none of the established sterilization processes are well suited for large-scale use in resource-poor settings. Healthcare facilities in low-resource settings require reliable, durable, affordable, and easy-to-use sterilization equipment that can operate independently of limited resources. Recently commercialized nitrogen dioxide (NO2) sterilization technology has been analyzed and adapted into a form factor suitable for low-resource environments.
In 2021, North America accounted for a 32.25% revenue share in the global sterilization equipment market. The United States accounts for the highest revenue share in the North American sterilization equipment market. The surge in demand for infection control products due to the continuous increase in hospital-acquired infections is expected to drive the adoption of sterilization equipment in the regional market during the forecast period. The vendors in the market largely focus on complying with regulatory guidelines in different countries. In Austria, Germany and many other countries in Europe, the sterilization process can only be applied to dried herbs and spices. However, in Brazil, all food can be sterilized. Some developed countries are adopting a more cost-effective strategy of outsourcing sterilization. Most of the sterilization service providers in these countries invest heavily in advanced sterilization equipment to provide better services to end users.
- Common adverse events affecting hospitalized patients are medication events and surgical complications such as implants and prostheses. HAIs are common complications of hospital care and a leading cause of death. Non-compliance with infection control measures, poor infrastructure and lack of awareness are the main causes of the increase in the incidence of HAIs in hospitals.
- Vendors offer advanced products in the market. The need for advanced products in the market is increasing as conventional products fail to meet the demand. As advances in biomaterials used in medical devices changes, the need for new sterilization methods also increases in the market. The vendors in the market are slowly moving towards the advanced solutions due to the strict regulations implemented by countries to avoid environmental issues.
- Methods of sterilization of sensitive biomaterials such as supercritical carbon dioxide (scCO2) appear as a green and sustainable technology, able to reach a very low sterility assurance level (SAL) without altering the original properties of the material .
- The arrival of the COVID-19 pandemic has changed some things regarding sterile processing operations. The COVID-19 pandemic has replaced hospital processes and made people aware of the need to carefully sterilize medical instruments.
- The global sterilization equipment market is segmented into chemical, radiation, thermal, and others based on sterilization method segmentation. The chemical sterilization methods segment led the global sterilization equipment market with a share of 46.63%, followed by the radiation, thermal and other segment.
- The hospital market will dominate the global sterilization equipment market with a share of 32.70%, followed by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, medical device companies, laboratories, food and beverage companies and other segments in 2021. Arizton forecasts that the medical device company segment is likely to experience the highest CAGR of 10.15%.
- Cardinal Health
Other Important Suppliers
- Acmas Technologies
- Andersen Sterilizers
- BMSrl medical equipment
- ClorDisys solutions
- Cosmod Group
- OF LAMA
- GPC Medical
- Hubei CFULL Medical Technology
- MATACHANA GROUP
- MELAG Medizintechnik
- MMM Group
- SCHLUMBOHM Medizin-Labor-Technology
- Sotera Health
- Sterile technologies
Segmentation by product type
Segmentation by sterilization method:
Segmentation by end user
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Medical device companies
- Food and beverage companies
Segmentation by region
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Explore our healthcare and life sciences profile to learn more about the industry.
Click here to download the free sample report
Read some of the best-selling reports:
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven company that provides industry-leading research solutions to clients around the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consultancy services.
We offer comprehensive market research reports on industries such as consumer goods and retail technology, automotive and mobility, smart technologies, healthcare and life sciences, industrial machinery, chemicals and materials, IT and media, logistics and packaging. These reports contain detailed industry analysis, market size, share, growth drivers and trend forecasts.
Arizton has an exuberant and experienced team of analysts who are proficient in generating incisive reports. Our specialized analysts have exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques and ethics to surpass the production of impregnable research reports.
Click here to contact us
+1 302 469 0707